highlights of 2016

I wasn’t sure what kind of post I wanted to close 2016 with. Some rad stuff happened this year though, so why don’t we look back at it.

Cutting my hair


After eleven or so years of growing my hair out past my waist, I decided it was time for a change. The plan was to schedule an appointment before moving to SF. I got so busy and my hair became the last thing on my list of priorities. After watching several YouTube tutorials on how to cut your own hair, I ended up cutting it myself. Not too bad, if I do say so myself.

Graduating from community college



Graduating is always such a blur. I felt like I blacked out during the thirty second time span it all went down in. My name is called, I’m handed a piece of paper that isn’t even my real diploma, and I walk offstage. Community college is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. Those three years helped me grow and figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Also, I got to graduate with my best friends! Again!

Concerts

I got to see two of my favorite bands and one of my favorite artist live on tour this year. 


My siblings and I all saw Ellie Goulding together. Her voice is just as mesmerizing live as it is recorded and honestly, truly she looks like an angel in person.


The 5 Seconds of Summer concert was everything I expected it to be. The show was special in that the band played an acoustic version of San Francisco and filmed it for a music video.



Catfish and the Bottlemen is by far the most insane show I've been to. It was the first show on the band’s North American tour, so there was a lot of energy. I left the venue with a band t-shirt, my body covered in mine and other people’s sweat, and psyched for having made eye contact with Van McCann.

Sonia and Emilio's wedding(s)




This one was a first for many things. Sonia is the first of my cousins to get married. It was my first time being a bridesmaid. Sonia and Emilio asked me to take pictures of their special day, making it my first wedding photography gig (lol). And it was my first time helping plan a surprise bachelorette party. Weddings are fun and @ my cousins, who’s next?

First time on a plane 


Flying is truly exhausting and airports are so confusing. But this view is like no other I’ve ever seen.

Moving to SF 




 Moving to SF has been a learning experience. I’ve learned to deal with my own problems, go at my own pace, and honestly just be on my own. 

Going to SFSU 



I without a doubt feel like this school is a good fit for me. It’s not a spirited school that revolves around sports and such, which I’ve never been into. I’m surrounded by young, smart, and insanely talented and ambitious students. My first semester was tough, hence my lack of creativity and blogging; but calling home, doing yoga, or treating yourself occasionally are good ways of distressing.


Thank you to everyone who made my year suck a little less, you are special for putting up with me and I sure hope to see you in 2017. Here’s to more concerts, traveling, family moments, and new experiences!

xxL 





Comments

Popular Posts