journal away


journal: hallmark
top: bongo

I started writing in a journal a couple months ago and it's been so...therapeutic. It doesn't matter if I had a horrible day or the best day in a while, at the end of the day I look forward to writing away. My mind is at ease and my body feels less tense after journaling.
My favorite concept of writing in a journal is that you can make it into anything you want! Which is why I've made a list of neat things you can do in and with your journal.
  • record your day. did you have a healthy breakfast? did you pass your exams? did bae finally come through with a text? did you wave at a dog? write it down. 
  • make lists of things you'd like to improve on or change about yourself. But, also make a list of things that you absolutely love about yourself and wouldn't change for anything in the world. 
  • sketch and paint! even if you're not a good artist, do it. It'll look cute in the end, I promise. 
  • make collages using magazine, book, or newspaper cutouts or Polaroids. a picture is worth a thousand words.
  • press leaves and flowers. they'll look oh so lovely and they'll make your writing smell good?
  • compose short stories, poetry, and songs. 
  • write reviews about films, tv shows, books, restaurants etc. 

That's all I can think of for now! The possibilities are endless, honestly. I encourage you to keep a journal. It'll be time well spent. And the best part will be reading it. You may cry, laugh, feel embarrassed; but it'll be okay. 

xxL

Comments

Popular Posts