Saturday, November 21, 2015

journal away


journal: hallmark
top: bongo

I started writing in a journal a couple months ago and it's been so...therapeutic. It doesn't matter if I had a horrible day or the best day in a while, at the end of the day I look forward to writing away. My mind is at ease and my body feels less tense after journaling. (Yes, I know that's not an actual word. But it should be.) There's something about writing the old fashioned way, paper and pencil, that just makes it so much more real.
My favorite concept of writing in a journal is that you can make it into anything you want! Which is why I've made a list of neat things you can do in and with your journal.


  • record your day. did you have a healthy breakfast? did you pass your exams? did bae finally come through with a text? did you wave at a dog? write it down. 
  • make lists of things you'd like to improve on or change about yourself. But, also make a list of things that you absolutely love about yourself and wouldn't change for anything in the world. 
  • sketch and paint! even if you're not a good artist, do it. It'll look cute in the end, I promise. 
  • make collages using magazine, book, or newspaper cutouts or Polaroids. a picture is worth a thousand words.
  • press leaves and flowers. they'll look oh so lovely and they'll make your writing smell good?
  • compose short stories, poetry, and songs. 
  • write reviews about films, tv shows, books, restaurants etc. 

That's all I can think of for now! The possibilities are endless, honestly. I encourage you to keep a journal. It'll be time well spent. And the best part will be reading it. You may cry, laugh, feel embarrassed; but it'll be okay. Reflect on the past and acknowledge how much you've learned.

xxL

No comments:

Post a Comment